1. an adult female person (as opposed to a man)
- the woman kept house while the man hunted
2. a female person who plays a significant role (wife or mistress or girlfriend) in the life of a particular man
- he was faithful to his woman
3. a human female employed to do housework
- I have a woman who comes in four hours a day while I write
4. women as a class
- it's an insult to American womanhood
- woman is the glory of creation
Similar word(s): womanhood
1. To staff with female labor.
2. (transitive) To make effeminate or womanish.
3. (transitive) To furnish with, or unite to, a woman.