1. abounding in or exposed to the wind or breezes
- a windy bluff
2. not practical or realizable; speculative
3. resembling the wind in speed, force, or variability
- a windy dash home
Similar word(s): fast
4. using or containing too many words
- long-winded (or windy) speakers
Sentences with windy as an adjective:
- It was a long and windy night.
- They made love in a windy bus shelter.
- They made windy promises they would not keep.
- The Tex-Mex meal had made them somewhat windy.
1. (colloquial) fart