1. a mixer incorporating a coil of wires; used for whipping eggs or cream
Definition categories: man–made, mixer
2. a small short-handled broom used to brush clothes
Definition categories: man–made, broom
Sentences with whisk as a noun:
- With a quick whisk, she swept the cat from the pantry with her broom.
- He used a whisk to whip up a light and airy souffle.
- Peter dipped the whisk in lather and applied it to his face, so he could start shaving.
- I used a whisk to sweep the counter, then a push-broom for the floor.
1. move somewhere quickly
- The President was whisked away in his limo
2. move quickly and nimbly
- He whisked into the house
3. brush or wipe off lightly
4. whip with or as if with a wire whisk
- whisk the eggs
Similar word(s): whip
Sentences with whisk as a verb:
- Vernon whisked the sawdust from his workbench.
- The chef prepared to whisk the egg whites for the angel's food cake.
- The governess whisked the children from the room before they could see their presents.
- The children whisked down the road to the fair, laughing and chattering as they went.