1. giving pleasure or satisfaction or received with pleasure or freely granted
- a welcome relief
- a welcome guest
- made the children feel welcome
Similar word(s): wanted
Sentences with welcome as an adjective:
- a welcome visitor
- a welcome present; welcome news
- You are welcome to the use of my library.
1. Greeting given upon someone's arrival.
1. the state of being welcome
- don't outstay your welcome
2. a greeting or reception
- the proposal got a warm welcome
Sentences with welcome as a noun:
- We entered the house and found a ready welcome.
1. accept gladly
- I welcome your proposals
2. bid welcome to; greet upon arrival
Similar word(s): receive
3. receive someone, as into one's house
Sentences with welcome as a verb:
- We welcome suggestions for improvement.