1. suggesting the operation of supernatural influences
- the three weird sisters
2. strikingly odd or unusual
- some trick of the moonlight; some weird effect of shadow
Sentences with weird as an adjective:
- There was a weird light shining above the hill.
- There are lots of weird people in this place.
- It was quite weird to bump into all my ex-girlfriends on the same day.
1. fate personified; any one of the three Weird Sisters
Similar word(s): wyrd
Definition categories: person
1. (transitive) To destine; doom; change by witchcraft or sorcery.
2. (transitive) To warn solemnly; adjure.
3. (transitive) See weird out.
- That joke really weirded me out.