1. a flaw or weak point
Similar word(s): failing
2. powerlessness revealed by an inability to act
- in spite of their weakness the group remains active
3. the property of lacking physical or mental strength; liability to failure under pressure or stress or strain
- his weakness increased as he became older
- the weakness of the span was overlooked until it collapsed
4. the condition of being financially weak
- the weakness of the dollar against the yen
5. a penchant for something even though it might not be good for you
- he has a weakness for chocolate
Sentences with weakness as a noun:
- In a small number of horses, muscle weakness may progress to paralysis.
- His inability to speak in front of an audience was his weakness.
- She is an athlete who has a weakness for chocolate.