1. Used to warn of danger in signs and notices.
1. a message informing of danger
- a warning that still more bombs could explode
2. cautionary advice about something imminent (especially imminent danger or other unpleasantness)
- the warning was to beware of surprises
3. notification of something, usually in advance
- they gave little warning of their arrival
- she had only had four days' warning before leaving Berlin
Sentences with warning as a noun:
- The boss gave him a warning that he would be fired if he did not desist from his behaviour.
1. present participle of warn