1. literature in metrical form
2. a piece of poetry
Similar word(s): rhyme
3. a line of metrical text
Sentences with verse as a noun:
- Restoration literature is well known for its carefully constructed verse.
- The restrictions of verse have been steadily relaxed over time.
- Note the shift in tone between the first verse and the second.
1. compose verses or put into verse
2. familiarize through thorough study or experience
- She versed herself in Roman archeology
Sentences with verse as a verb:
- He versed us in the finer points of category theory.
- Verse him, G!