1. a hole for the escape of gas or air
Definition categories: man–made, hole
2. external opening of urinary or genital system of a lower vertebrate
3. a fissure in the earth's crust (or in the surface of some other planet) through which molten lava and gases erupt
Similar word(s): volcano
4. a slit in a garment (as in the back seam of a jacket)
Definition categories: man–made, slit
5. activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion
- he gave vent to his anger
Sentences with vent as a noun:
- the vent of a cask; the vent of a mould
1. give expression or utterance to
- She vented her anger
- The graduates gave vent to cheers
Similar word(s): ventilate
2. expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen
Sentences with vent as a verb:
- The stove vents to the outside.
- Exhaust is vented to the outside.
- He vents his anger violently.
- Can we talk? I need to vent.