1. a variable quantity that can be resolved into components
2. a straight line segment whose length is magnitude and whose orientation in space is direction
Definition categories: shape
3. any agent (person or animal or microorganism) that carries and transmits a disease
- mosquitos are vectors of malaria and yellow fever
- fleas are vectors of the plague
- when medical scientists talk about vectors they are usually talking about insects
Similar word(s): transmitter
4. (genetics) a virus or other agent that is used to deliver DNA to a cell
Sentences with vector as a noun:
- The vectors in are the single-variable polynomials with rational coefficients: one is .
1. To set (particularly an aircraft) on a course toward a selected point.