1. (obsolete) Alteration; change.
1. become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence
Definition categories: change
2. be at variance with; be out of line with
3. be subject to change in accordance with a variable
- Prices vary
- His moods vary depending on the weather
4. make something more diverse and varied
- Vary the menu
Sentences with vary as a verb:
- You should vary your diet. Eating just bread will do you harm in the end.
- I'm not comfortable with 3.Nc3 in the Caro-Kann, so I decided to vary and play exd5.