1. of many different kinds purposefully arranged but lacking any uniformity
- his disguises are many and various
- various experiments have failed to disprove the theory
- cited various reasons for his behavior
2. considered individually
- the various reports all agreed
3. distinctly dissimilar or unlike
- animals as various as the jaguar and the cavy and the sloth
4. having great diversity or variety
- his various achievements are impressive
Sentences with various as an adjective:
- The reasons are various.
1. More than one (of an indeterminate set of things).
- Various books have been taken.
- There are various ways to fix the problem.
- You have broken various of the rules.