1. a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
2. an improvised musical accompaniment
3. piece of leather forming the front part of the upper of a shoe
Definition categories: man–made
1. make up
- vamp up an excuse for not attending the meeting
2. piece (something old) with a new part
- vamp up an old speech
3. act seductively with (someone)
4. provide (a shoe) with a new vamp
- revamp my old boots
Similar word(s): revamp
Sentences with vamp as a verb:
- Keep vamping! Something's wrong with the mic!
- She went out there to vamp since the speaker was late arriving.