1. well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force
- a valid inference
- a valid argument
- a valid contract
2. still legally acceptable
- the license is still valid
Similar word(s): unexpired
Sentences with valid as an adjective:
- I will believe him as soon as he offers a valid answer.
- A valid format for the date is MM/DD/YY.
- Do not drive without a valid license.
- An argument is valid if and only if the set consisting of both (1) all of its premises and (2) the contradictory of its conclusion is inconsistent.