1. having no beneficial use or incapable of functioning usefully
- a kitchen full of useless gadgets
- she is useless in an emergency
Sentences with useless as an adjective:
- This fork has prongs that are bent. It's useless now.
- I think it's useless to keep this discussion going. It's like talking to a wall.
- I tried my best to make him quit smoking, but my efforts were useless. He now smokes six packs a day.
- Bill never mows the lawn, takes out the trash or anything. He's useless, but I love him anyways.
- My brother is useless at most computer games, but he is an awesome PS2 player.
- Why do you keep trying? You're obviously useless at it.