1. in a vertical position; not sloping
- an upright post
2. of moral excellence
- an upright and respectable man
3. upright in position or posture
- he sat bolt upright
Sentences with upright as an adjective:
- I was standing upright, waiting for my orders.
1. in or into an upright position
1. a vertical structural member as a post or stake
- the ball sailed between the uprights
Similar word(s): vertical
Definition categories: man–made
2. a piano with a vertical sounding board
1. (transitive) To set upright or stand back up (something that has fallen).