1. subject to change or variation
- her unsteady walk
- his hand was unsteady as he poured the wine
- an unsteady voice
Similar word(s): agitated, uneven, irregular, unstable, arrhythmic, jerking, jerky, convulsive, spasmodic, spastic, faltering, aflicker, flickering, fluctuating, palpitant, palpitating, shaky, shivering, trembling, quavering, tremulous, shifting, shifty, shuddering, tottering, tottery, uneven, wobbling
2. not firmly or solidly positioned
- climbing carefully up the unsteady ladder
Sentences with unsteady as an adjective:
- A slightly unsteady item of furniture.
1. To render unsteady, removing balance.