1. not likely to be true or to occur or to have occurred
- legislation on the question is highly unlikely
2. has little chance of being the case or coming about
- an unlikely story
- an unlikely candidate for reelection
- a butcher is unlikely to preach vegetarianism
3. having a probability too low to inspire belief
Sentences with unlikely as an adjective:
- It's very unlikely that you'll be able to walk perfectly after being in a cast for six months.
- unlikely means
1. In an improbable manner.
1. Something or somebody considered unlikely.