1. the state of being unemployed or not having a job
- unemployment is a serious social evil
- the rate of unemployment is an indicator of the health of an economy
Definition categories: state
Sentences with unemployment as a noun:
- Unemployment made Jack depressed.
- Unemployment has been considered a cause of crime.
- Unemployment was reported at 5.2% in May, up from 4.9% in April.
- All unemployments, seasonal, frictional, cyclical, classical, whatever, mean that you're out of work.
- Until them his life had consisted of low-paying jobs, numberous unemployments, and drug use.