1. not conscious; lacking awareness and the capacity for sensory perception as if asleep or dead
- lay unconscious on the floor
Similar word(s): asleep, incognizant, unaware, cold, comatose, innocent, insensible, senseless, kayoed, out, stunned, nonconscious, semicomatose, subconscious, insensible, involuntary, nonvoluntary, unvoluntary
2. without conscious volition
3. (followed by `of') not knowing or perceiving
- happily unconscious of the new calamity at home
Sentences with unconscious as an adjective:
- She lay unconscious on the floor.
- My sudden fright was an unconscious response.