1. displeasing to the senses
- an ugly face
- ugly furniture
2. inclined to anger or bad feelings with overtones of menace
- an ugly frame of mind
Similar word(s): surly
3. morally reprehensible
- ugly crimes
4. provoking horror
- an ugly wound
Sentences with ugly as an adjective:
- He played an ugly trick on us.
- an ugly temper;
- an ugly rumour;
- Stay beautiful. Keep it ugly, Killjoys.
1. (slang, uncountable) Ugliness.
2. (slang) An ugly person or thing.
3. (Britain, informal, dated) A shade for the face, projecting from a bonnet.