1. the group that gathers together for a particular occasion
- a large turnout for the meeting
2. a part of a road that has been widened to allow cars to pass or park
Similar word(s): widening
3. a short stretch of railroad track used to store rolling stock or enable trains on the same line to pass
4. what is produced in a given time period
5. a set of clothing (with accessories)
6. attendance for a particular event or purpose (as to vote in an election)
- the turnout for the rally
7. (ballet) the outward rotation of a dancer's leg from the hip
Sentences with turnout as a noun:
- This restaurant had a pretty good turnout for a Wednesday night.
- When towing a trailer, use the turnouts to let faster traffic pass.