1. large gallinaceous bird with fan-shaped tail; widely domesticated for food
2. a Eurasian republic in Asia Minor and the Balkans; on the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, the Young Turks, led by Kemal Ataturk, established a republic in 1923
Definition categories: location
3. a person who does something thoughtless or annoying
Similar word(s): joker
Definition categories: person
4. flesh of large domesticated fowl usually roasted
5. an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual
- the first experiment was a real turkey
Sentences with turkey as a noun:
- That film was a turkey.
- The turkey cut in front of me and then berated me for running into him.