1. the act of adding decoration
- the children had to be in bed before it was time for the trimming of the tree
2. a decoration or adornment on a garment
- the trimming on a hat
- the trim on a shirt
Definition categories: man–made, adornment
3. cutting down to the desired size or shape
Sentences with trimming as a noun:
- I gave a good trimming to my elderly neighbour's hedges.
- He gave the trimmings to the dog under the kitchen table.
- Christmas dinner with all the trimmings
- to give a boy a trimming
1. present participle of trim
- I am helping my elderly neighbour by trimming his hedge.