1. lever that activates the firing mechanism of a gun
Definition categories: man–made, lever
2. a device that activates or releases or causes something to happen
Definition categories: man–made, device
3. an act that sets in motion some course of events
Sentences with trigger as a noun:
- Just pull the trigger.
- Sleeping in an unfamiliar room can be a trigger for sleepwalking.
1. put in motion or move to act
- trigger a reaction
2. release or pull the trigger on
- Trigger a gun
Definition categories: competition
Sentences with trigger as a verb:
- This story contains a rape scene and may be triggering for rape victims.