1. something considered choice to eat
2. an occurrence that causes special pleasure or delight
Sentences with treat as a noun:
- I took the kids to the zoo for a treat.
- It was such a treat to see her back in action on the London stage.
1. interact in a certain way
- Treat him with caution, please
Similar word(s): handle
2. subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition
- treat the water so it can be drunk
- treat the lawn with chemicals
- treat an oil spill
Similar word(s): process
3. provide treatment for
- The doctor treated my broken leg
- The patient must be treated right away or she will die
- Treat the infection with antibiotics
Definition categories: body
4. act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
- The new book treats the history of China
5. provide with a gift or entertainment
- Grandmother always treated us to the circus
- I like to treat myself to a day at a spa when I am depressed
6. provide with choice or abundant food or drink
- Don't worry about the expensive wine--I'm treating
- She treated her houseguests with good food every night
Similar word(s): regale
7. engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement
- they had to treat with the King
8. regard or consider in a specific way
- I treated his advances as a joke
Sentences with treat as a verb:
- Cicero's writing treats mainly of old age and personal duty.
- The article treated feminism as a quintessentially modern movement.
- You treated me like a fool.
- She was tempted to treat the whole affair as a joke.
- I treated my son to some popcorn in the interval.
- I've done so well this month, I'll treat you all to dinner (or 'Dinner is my treat.)
- My husband treated me to a Paris holiday for our anniversary.
- They treated me for malaria.
- He treated the substance with sulphuric acid.
- I treated the photo somewhat to make the colours more pronounced.