1. write out from speech, notes, etc.
- Transcribe the oral history of this tribe
Definition categories: communication
2. rewrite in a different script
Similar word(s): transliterate
3. rewrite or arrange a piece of music for an instrument or medium other than that originally intended
4. make a phonetic transcription of
- The anthropologist transcribed the sentences of the native informant
5. convert the genetic information in (a strand of DNA) into a strand of RNA, especially messenger RNA
Sentences with transcribe as a verb:
- The doctor made several recordings today which she will transcribe into medical reports tomorrow.