1. in these times
- today almost every home has television
2. on this day as distinct from yesterday or tomorrow
- I can't meet with you today
Sentences with today as an adverb:
- I want this done today.
- Today, my brother went to the shops.
- In the 1500s, people had to do things by hand, but today we have electric can openers.
1. the present time or age
- the world of today
- today we have computers
2. the day that includes the present moment (as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow)
- Today is beautiful
- did you see today's newspaper?
Sentences with today as a noun:
- Today is the day we'll fix this once and for all.