1. a more or less definite period of time now or previously present
- it was a sign of the times
2. an arithmetic operation that is the inverse of division; the product of two numbers is computed
- four times three equals twelve
Similar word(s): multiplication
Definition categories: act
Sentences with times as a noun:
- Modern times are so very different from the past.
- The Life and Times of Rosie the Riveter
1. Product of the previous number and the following number.
- Four times five is twenty.
- One times one is one.
1. third-person singular simple present indicative form of time
2. (informal, arithmetic) To multiply.