1. being one more than two
Similar word(s): cardinal
1. the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
2. one of four playing cards in a deck having three pips
Similar word(s): trey
Definition categories: man–made
Sentences with three as a noun:
- Put all the threes in a separate container.
- All the threes will go in Mrs. Smith's class, while I'll take the fours and fives.
1. (cardinal) A numerical value after two and before four. Represented in Arabic digits as 3; This many dots (•••).
2. (of a set or group) Having three elements.