1. the feel of a surface or a fabric
- the wall had a smooth texture
2. the essential quality of something
- the texture of Neapolitan life
3. the musical pattern created by parts being played or sung together
- then another melodic line is added to the texture
4. the characteristic appearance of a surface having a tactile quality
Definition categories: attribute
5. the physical composition of something (especially with respect to the size and shape of the small constituents of a substance)
- breadfruit has the same texture as bread
- fish with a delicate flavor and texture
Similar word(s): grain
Sentences with texture as a noun:
- The beans had a grainy, gritty texture in her mouth.
- The piece of music had a mainly smooth texture.
1. to create or apply a texture
- Drag the trowel through the plaster to texture the wall.