1. a tendency to express warm and affectionate feeling
2. a pain that is felt (as when the area is touched)
- the best results are generally obtained by inserting the needle into the point of maximum tenderness
3. warm compassionate feelings
Similar word(s): tenderheartedness
4. a positive feeling of liking
Definition categories: feeling
5. a feeling of concern for the welfare of someone (especially someone defenseless)
Similar word(s): softheartedness
Sentences with tenderness as a noun:
- When the lovers were together, their cold indifference gave way to love and tenderness.
- When they saw the poor orphans, they were overwhelmed with tenderness for them.
- He noted her extreme tenderness when he touched the bruise on her thigh.