1. broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects
- Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done
2. a telecommunication system that transmits images of objects (stationary or moving) between distant points
Definition categories: man–made
3. an electronic device that receives television signals and displays them on a screen
Similar word(s): telly
Definition categories: man–made, receiver
Sentences with television as a noun:
- It’s a good thing that television doesn’t transmit smell.
- I have an old television in the study.
- fifty-seven channels and nothing on television
1. (neologism, informal) To watch television.