1. a beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water
- iced tea is a cooling drink
2. a light midafternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes
- an Englishman would interrupt a war to have his afternoon tea
Similar word(s): teatime
3. a tropical evergreen shrub or small tree extensively cultivated in e.g. China and Japan and India; source of tea leaves
- tea has fragrant white flowers
4. a reception or party at which tea is served
- we met at the Dean's tea for newcomers
5. dried leaves of the tea shrub; used to make tea
- the store shelves held many different kinds of tea
- they threw the tea into Boston harbor
Sentences with tea as a noun:
- Go to the supermarket and buy some tea.
- Would you like some tea?
- Darjeeling is a tea from India.
- camomile tea;
- The family were sitting round the table, having their tea.
- Australia were 490 for 7 at tea on the second day.
1. To drink tea.
2. To take afternoon tea (the light meal).