1. a convex shape that narrows toward a point
2. the property possessed by a shape that narrows toward a point (as a wedge or cone)
3. a loosely woven cord (in a candle or oil lamp) that draws fuel by capillary action up into the flame
Similar word(s): wick
Definition categories: man–made, cord
4. stick of wax with a wick in the middle
Similar word(s): candle
Definition categories: man–made, lamp
Sentences with taper as a noun:
- the taper of a spire.
- The legs of the table had a slight taper to them.