1. of a light yellowish-brown color
Similar word(s): chromatic
Sentences with tan as an adjective:
- Mine is the white car parked next to the tan pickup truck.
- You’re looking very tan this week.
1. a browning of the skin resulting from exposure to the rays of the sun
2. a light brown the color of topaz
Similar word(s): topaz
Definition categories: attribute
3. ratio of the opposite to the adjacent side of a right-angled triangle
Similar word(s): tangent
Definition categories: link
Sentences with tan as a noun:
- tan colour:
- She still has a tan from her vacation in Mexico.
1. treat skins and hides with tannic acid so as to convert them into leather
2. get a tan, from wind or sun
Similar word(s): bronze
Sentences with tan as a verb:
- No matter how long I stay out in the sun, I never tan. though I do burn.