1. of a light yellowish-brown color
Similar word(s): chromatic
Sentences with tan as an adjective:
- Mine is the white car parked next to the tan pickup truck.
- You’re looking very tan this week.
1. a browning of the skin resulting from exposure to the rays of the sun
2. a light brown the color of topaz
Similar word(s): topaz
Definition categories: attribute
3. ratio of the opposite to the adjacent side of a right-angled triangle
Similar word(s): tangent
Definition categories: link
Sentences with tan as a noun:
- tan colour:
- She still has a tan from her vacation in Mexico.
1. (dialect, rare) The second cardinal number two, formerly used in Celtic areas, especially Cumbria and parts of Yorkshire, for counting sheep, and stitches in knitting.
1. treat skins and hides with tannic acid so as to convert them into leather
2. get a tan, from wind or sun
Similar word(s): bronze
Sentences with tan as a verb:
- No matter how long I stay out in the sun, I never tan. though I do burn.