1. a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
Similar word(s): ticket
2. a label associated with something for the purpose of identification
- semantic tags were attached in order to identify different meanings of the word
3. a small piece of cloth or paper
Definition categories: man–made
4. a game in which one child chases the others; the one who is caught becomes the next chaser
Definition categories: act
5. (sports) the act of touching a player in a game (which changes their status in the game)
Sentences with tag as a noun:
- The tag was applied at second for the final out.
- I want to add genre and artist tags to the files in my music collection.
- What's your tag?
1. attach a tag or label to
2. touch a player while he is holding the ball
3. provide with a name or nickname
4. go after with the intent to catch
5. supply (blank verse or prose) with rhymes
Sentences with tag as a verb:
- Regularly tag the rear ends of your sheep.
- He really tagged that ball.
- He tagged the runner for the out.
- I am tagging my music files by artist and genre.