1. the bill in a restaurant
2. sensationalist journalism
Similar word(s): tabloid
3. the key on a typewriter or a word processor that causes a tabulation
Definition categories: man–made, key
4. a short strip of material attached to or projecting from something in order to facilitate opening or identifying or handling it
- pull the tab to open the can
- files with a red tab will be stored separately
- the collar has a tab with a button hole
5. a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
Sentences with tab as a noun:
- Put this round on my tab, will you, barman.
1. Mark with a tab.
2. (computing) To use the Tab key on a computer or typewriter to navigate the screen or page.
3. Short for tabulate.