1. salty fluid secreted by sweat glands
- sweat poured off his brow
2. agitation resulting from active worry
- he's in a sweat about exams
3. condensation of moisture on a cold surface
- the cold glasses were streaked with sweat
4. use of physical or mental energy; hard work
1. excrete perspiration through the pores in the skin
- Exercise makes one sweat
Sentences with sweat as a verb:
- His physicians attempted to sweat him by most powerful sudorifics.
- I've been sweating over my essay all day.
- to sweat a spendthrift; to sweat labourers
- to sweat blood
- The cheese will start sweating if you don't refrigerate it.
- Stop sweatin' me!