1. an exaggerated expression (usually of praise)
- the critics lavished superlatives on it
2. the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development
- so many highest superlatives achieved by man
3. the superlative form of an adjective or adverb
- `fastest' is the superlative of the adjective `fast'
- `least famous' is the superlative degree of the adjective `famous'
- `most surely' is the superlative of the adverb `surely'
Sentences with superlative as a noun:
- The superlative of "big" is "biggest".
- Daniel is amazing, wonderful, fantastic, and many other superlatives I can’t think of right now!