1. an idea that is suggested
- the picnic was her suggestion
2. a proposal offered for acceptance or rejection
- it was a suggestion we couldn't refuse
3. a just detectable amount
Definition categories: quantity
4. persuasion formulated as a suggestion
Similar word(s): prompting
5. the sequential mental process in which one thought leads to another by association
Definition categories: thought
6. the act of inducing hypnosis
Sentences with suggestion as a noun:
- I have a small suggestion for fixing this: try lifting the left side up a bit.
- Traffic signs seem to be more of a suggestion than an order.
- Suggestion often works better than explicit demand.
- He's somehow picked up the suggestion that I like peanuts.