(noun, verb, interjection)
1. a white crystalline carbohydrate used as a sweetener and preservative
Definition categories: food, sweetener, sweetening
2. an essential structural component of living cells and source of energy for animals; includes simple sugars with small molecules as well as macromolecular substances; are classified according to the number of monosaccharide groups they contain
Similar word(s): carbohydrate, saccharide
Definition categories: substance, macromolecule, supermolecule
3. informal terms for money
Similar word(s): boodle, bread, cabbage, clams, dinero, dough, gelt, kale, lettuce, lolly, loot, lucre, moolah, pelf, scratch, shekels, simoleons, wampum
Definition categories: possession, money
Sentences with sugar as a noun:
- He usually has his coffee white with one sugar.
- I'll be with you in a moment, sugar.
- Sugar of lead (lead acetate) is a poisonous white crystalline substance with a sweet taste.
1. sweeten with sugar
- sugar your tea
Similar word(s): saccharify
Definition categories: perception, dulcify, dulcorate, edulcorate, sweeten
Sentences with sugar as a verb:
- John heavily sugars his coffee.
- She has a gift for sugaring what would otherwise be harsh words.