1. less than human or not worthy of a human being
- treated natives as subhuman
- a subhuman spectacle
- the subhuman primates
Similar word(s): infrahuman
2. unfit for human beings
- subhuman conditions of life
Similar word(s): unfit
Sentences with subhuman as an adjective:
- To say he is subhuman is to make a grave insult; whether to him or to humanity is the question.
- We say dolphin intelligence is subhuman; I suspect dolphins say our intelligence is subdolphin.
1. Anything which is less than human.