1. the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
- wheat is the stuff they use to make bread
Similar word(s): material
Definition categories: substance
2. miscellaneous unspecified objects
- the trunk was full of stuff
Definition categories: man–made, object
3. informal terms for personal possessions
Similar word(s): clobber
4. senseless talk
- don't give me that stuff
5. unspecified qualities required to do or be something
- the stuff of heros
- you don't have the stuff to be a United States Marine
6. information in some unspecified form
- it was stuff I had heard before
- there's good stuff in that book
7. a critically important or characteristic component
- suspense is the very stuff of narrative
Sentences with stuff as a noun:
- What is all that stuff on your bedroom floor? He didn't want his pockets to bulge so he was walking around with all his stuff in his hands.
- Can I have some of that stuff on my ice-cream sundae?
- I had to do some stuff.
1. cram into a cavity
- The child stuffed candy into his pockets
2. press or force
- Stuff money into an envelope
- My nose is all stuffed
4. overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
- She stuffed herself at the dinner
5. treat with grease, fill, and prepare for mounting
- stuff a bearskin
6. fill tightly with a material
- stuff a pillow with feathers
7. fill with a stuffing while cooking
- Have you stuffed the turkey yet?
Similar word(s): farce
Sentences with stuff as a verb:
- She stuffed the turkey for Thanksgiving using her secret stuffing recipe.
- He stuffed his clothes into the closet and shut the door.
- I’m stuffed after having eaten all that turkey, mashed potatoes and delicious stuffing.
- I got stuffed by that guy on the supermoto going into that turn, almost causing us to crash.