1. an unbroken series of events
- had a streak of bad luck
Similar word(s): run
2. a distinctive characteristic
- he has a stubborn streak
- a streak of wildness
3. a narrow marking of a different color or texture from the background
4. a sudden flash (as of lightning)
Sentences with streak as a noun:
- The picture I took out the car window had streaks.
- I hope I can keep up this streak of accomplishments.
- I was on a winning streak until the fourth game, where I was dealt terrible cards.
- She's a quiet, bookish person, but she has a rebellious streak.
1. move quickly in a straight line
- The plane streaked across the sky
2. run naked in a public place
3. mark with spots or blotches of different color or shades of color as if stained
Sentences with streak as a verb:
- If you clean a window in direct sunlight, it will streak.
- It was a pleasant game until some guy went streaking across the field.
- You will streak a window by cleaning it in direct sunlight.