1. being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird
- a strange exaltation that was indefinable
- a strange fantastical mind
- what a strange sense of humor she has
2. not known before
- used many strange words
- saw many strange faces in the crowd
3. relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world
Sentences with strange as an adjective:
- He thought it strange that his girlfriend wore shorts in the winter.
- I moved to a strange town when I was ten.
1. (slang, uncountable) vagina
1. (obsolete, transitive) To alienate; to estrange.
2. (obsolete, intransitive) To be estranged or alienated.
3. (obsolete, intransitive) To wonder; to be astonished.