1. a link or loop or knot made by an implement in knitting, crocheting, embroidery, or sewing
2. a sharp spasm of pain in the side resulting from running
Sentences with stitch as a noun:
- cross stitch
- herringbone stitch
- drop a stitch
- take up a stitch
- You have gone a good stitch. — John Bunyan.In Syria the husbandmen go lightly over with their plow, and take no deep stitch in making their furrows. — Holland.
- a stitch in the side
- to wet every stitch of clothes.
- She didn't have a stitch on