1. smelling of fermentation or staleness
2. having a sharp biting taste
3. one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of vinegar or lemons
Similar word(s): tasty
4. in an unpalatable state
- sour milk
5. inaccurate in pitch
- a false (or sour) note
6. showing a brooding ill humor
- a sour temper
Sentences with sour as an adjective:
- Lemons have a sour taste.
- He gave me a sour look.
- sour land
- a sour marsh
1. a cocktail made of a liquor (especially whiskey or gin) mixed with lemon or lime juice and sugar
2. the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth
3. the property of being acidic
Definition categories: attribute
1. go sour or spoil
- The milk has soured
2. make sour or more sour
Definition categories: perception
Sentences with sour as a verb:
- Too much lemon juice will sour the recipe.
- We broke up after our relationship soured.