1. (obsolete) Boiled.
2. (Australia, of bread) Sodden; incompletely risen.
- sod damper
1. (Britain, vulgar) expression of surprise, contempt, outrage, disgust, boredom, frustration.
1. surface layer of ground containing a mat of grass and grass roots
2. an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of superoxide into hydrogen peroxide and oxygen
3. someone who engages in anal copulation (especially a male who engages in anal copulation with another male)
4. an informal term for a youth or man
- the poor sod couldn't even buy a drink
Sentences with sod as a noun:
- The landscapers rolled sod onto the bare earth and made a presentable lawn by nightfall.
- You mean old sod!
- poor sod
- unlucky sod