1. distinguished by superiority; extraordinary; exceptional.
- such poise is singular in one so young
2. out of the ordinary; not normal; curious.
- singular behavior
3. being a single and separate person or thing
- can the singular person be understood apart from his culture?
- every fact in the world might be singular...unlike any other fact and sole of its kind
4. composed of one member, set, or kind
5. grammatical number category referring to a single item or unit
6. being the only one of the kind; unique.
- a singular example
7. (law) each; individual.
- to convey several parcels of land, all and singular
Sentences with singular as an adjective:
- A singular experiment cannot be regarded as scientific proof of the existence of a phenomenon.
- She has a singular personality.
- a man of singular gravity or attainments
- It was very singular; I don't know why he did it.